Re: [IMP-users] Compiling IMP 2.5.0 on CentOS 7

> On Feb 2, 2016, at 5:35 PM, Ben Webb <> wrote:
>
> On 02/02/2016 02:24 PM, Novosielski, Ryan wrote:
>> Apparently, though, setting PYTHON_INCLUDE_DIR to /anything/
>> (whether or not it contains Python.h) stops this error:
>
> Right - this is a "feature" of cmake. If you set PYTHON_INCLUDE_DIR you
> are explicitly saying to cmake "believe me, I know where Python.h is -
> don't bother looking for it" and it will trust you blindly. Since it's
> such a sledgehammer solution to the problem, perhaps we shouldn't
> suggest that people set it, but rather set the corresponding search hint
> (PYTHON_INCLUDE_PATH, IIRC). I'll poke at it and see.

To save you the time, I just gave PYTHON_INCLUDE_PATH a shot â appears to exist (no warning that it wasnât used at the end) and has the same result (setting it to a fictitious directory works fine).

--
____ *Note: UMDNJ is now Rutgers-Biomedical and Health Sciences*
||_// Biomedical | Ryan Novosielski - Senior Technologist
|| \\ and Health |  - 973/972.0922 (2x0922)
||  \\  Sciences | OIRT/High Perf & Res Comp - MSB C630, Newark
     `'