Re: [IMP-users] Compiling IMP 2.5.0 on CentOS 7

On 02/02/2016 02:24 PM, Novosielski, Ryan wrote:
Apparently, though, setting PYTHON_INCLUDE_DIR to /anything/
(whether or not it contains Python.h) stops this error:

Right - this is a "feature" of cmake. If you set PYTHON_INCLUDE_DIR you are explicitly saying to cmake "believe me, I know where Python.h is - don't bother looking for it" and it will trust you blindly. Since it's such a sledgehammer solution to the problem, perhaps we shouldn't suggest that people set it, but rather set the corresponding search hint (PYTHON_INCLUDE_PATH, IIRC). I'll poke at it and see.

                      https://salilab.org/~ben/