Re: [IMP-users] Compiling IMP 2.5.0 on CentOS 7

On 2/1/16 2:29 PM, Novosielski, Ryan wrote:
Having a heck of a time trying to compile IMP 2.5.0 and its
dependencies. Hopefully someone can help. Note that below, the ones
that do not say (CentOS 7.2) are in non-standard locations under /opt
because we have to keep multiple versions of a lot of this stuff due
to other software depending on it.

Just out of curiosity, why you didn't want to use the RHEL 7 RPM package?

First I had a very difficult time getting it to even detect OpenCV.
My final solution was to set $PKG_CONFIG_PATH to include the
pkgconfig directory for OpenCV 2.3.1 and to symlink opencv.pc (which
was created by the build) to opencv22.pc

I guess that would work. Or you could add the paths to
CMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH and CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH.

Note that the documentation mentions that 2.1-2.3 works, but it
isn’t clear whether that’s actually true when a build failure claims
2.2 is not detected and that is the reason it won’t build em2d.

I'm not sure what you mean here... but we've built IMP with various
versions of OpenCV, the oldest being 2.1 and the newest being 2.3. RHEL
and CentOS don't yet package OpenCV in any form (not even in EPEL), so on CentOS 7 the only version we've built with is that at
http://integrativemodeling.org/build-extras/, 2.1 in this case.

Doing just a make fails on what looks like a problem with Boost.
Perhaps Boost 1.60.0 isn’t supported?

Boost 1.60 is broken - nothing we can do about that, sorry. Complain to
the Boost folks. The relevant bug is here:

The Homebrew folks already ship Boost 1.60, so I've contributed a fix to
them for that:
https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew/commit/7efd777

RHEL 7 ships Boost 1.53 though so isn't affected. If you really want to
use your own copy of Boost, you'll need to patch it yourself.

                      https://salilab.org/~ben/