Re: [IMP-users] Compiling IMP 2.5.0 on CentOS 7

> On Feb 2, 2016, at 4:17 PM, Ben Webb <> wrote:
>
> On 02/01/2016 08:01 PM, Novosielski, Ryan wrote:
>> So I'm using 1.59.0 and the issue has gone away. The Python trouble
>> remains. I have all of -DCMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH, -DPYTHON_INCLUDE_DIR, and
>> -DPYTHON_LIBRARY defined -- no help. I'd have expected the latter two to
>> suffice anyway.
>
> Either your PYTHON_INCLUDE_DIR cmake variable is pointing to the wrong
> directory (doesn't include Python.h) or for some reason the compiler
> isn't being given the right arguments. You can get more information (the
> compiler command line is most useful) by running "make VERBOSE=1â.

Thanks much, Ben. This was interesting, actually: apparently Python.h is NOT in âincludeâ but rather âinclude/python2.7â (I should have looked sooner). Apparently, though, setting PYTHON_INCLUDE_DIR to /anything/ (whether or not it contains Python.h) stops this error:

CMake Error at modules/rmf/dependency/RMF/cmake_modules/py-FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:97 (message):
  Could NOT find PythonLibs: Found unsuitable version "2.7.5", but required
  is exact version "2.7.11" (found
  /opt/sw/packages/gcc-4.8.3/python/2.7.11/lib).  The version of the Python
  libraries and/or headers does not match that of your 'python' binary
  (/opt/sw/packages/gcc-4.8.3/python/2.7.11/bin/python).  Either set your
  PATH so that 'python' uses a different Python (e.g.  to use
  /usr/local/bin/python26, do something like mkdir ~/bin; ln -sf
  /usr/local/bin/python26 ~/bin/python; PATH=~/bin:$PATH), or set
  PYTHON_LIBRARY to the full path to the correct version of the Python
  library and PYTHON_INCLUDE_DIR to the directory containing the
  corresponding Python.h.

âwhich is what you see if you have a system Python that is one version and then try to use a different Python in your environment. I figured when the error went away when I set PYTHON_INCLUDE_DIR that I had indeed gotten that correct. Setting it to /opt/sw/packages/gcc-4.8.3/python/2.7.11/include/python2.7 did allow the CMake to succeed as well as the build.

Is this the expected behavior? Maybe so.

--
____ *Note: UMDNJ is now Rutgers-Biomedical and Health Sciences*
||_// Biomedical | Ryan Novosielski - Senior Technologist
|| \\ and Health |  - 973/972.0922 (2x0922)
||  \\  Sciences | OIRT/High Perf & Res Comp - MSB C630, Newark
     `'