Re: [IMP-users] Windows build

I use VS 10, with all available patches, on Windows 7 64 bit OS building 32 bit executables. I will try nmake too. Before, it gave me some extra errors, so I concentrated on 'devenv' builds. As far as I know, VS always creates those subdirectories for the build type (Release, Debug etc).
Andrey

-----Original Message-----
From:  [">mailto:] On Behalf Of Ben Webb
Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2013 11:37 AM
To: Help and discussion for users of IMP
Subject: Re: [IMP-users] Windows build

On 4/4/13 12:14 AM, Tovchigrechko, Andrey wrote:
> These were causing C++ syntax errors on Windows. Looking at those, it
> appears that things currently get committed into the 'develop' before
> they are checked for being able to compile on Windows natively. Is
> that a policy matter?

I don't understand what you mean here. We certainly don't have an anti-Windows commit policy. ;) But we generally develop on Linux/Mac, so don't see problems with MSVC builds until our nightly builds run.

> setup_environment.bat needs Release (or Debug) appended to paths after
> "bin" and "lib" (that one I did not fix in the code)

Hmm, that's odd - maybe a cmake bug - it's not necessary for nmake builds. I guess Visual Studio builds put the outputs in the wrong place.

What version of Visual Studio are you using?