Re: [IMP-users] missing binaries?

On 11/25/2014 02:32 PM, Joel Mackay wrote:
Hi all I have just installed IMP 2.3 and am puzzled by the absence of
binaries such as idock and emagefit.

FWIW, since the OpenCV libraries that these modules need aren't available on RHEL (and it doesn't look like they're going to appear in EPEL either any time soon) we bundle them with IMP now (but you'll need to use a nightly build to get that).

I also get errors if I type "multifit help" or  "cnmultifit help"
(recommended commands in the tutorial). The error that comes up is:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/multifit", line 3, in <module>
import IMP
ImportError: No module named IMP

This happens because /usr/bin/multifit in the RHEL5 package for IMP 2.3.0 tries to run /usr/bin/python (which is Python 2.4) whereas IMP itself was built against Python 2.6. In the IMP 2.3.1 release (or nightly build) it uses the correct /usr/bin/python26.