Re: [IMP-users] Windows build

On Apr 4, 2013, at 12:14 AM, "Tovchigrechko, Andrey" <> wrote:

> Below is the list of things that I fixed in the current code (you can check my fork for details: https://github.com/andreyto/imp-fork-proddl/tree/feature/vsbuild).
>
> These were causing C++ syntax errors on Windows. Looking at those, it appears that things currently get committed into the 'develop' before they are checked for being able to compile on Windows natively. Is that a policy matter?
We don't, in general, have access to windows machines, so windows building only gets checked in the nightly tests (which are run on develop).

> Symlink: modules/multifit/dependency/FFTW3.description
>
> LOG4CXX_STR() macros had to be used on char* arguments to a couple of methods (Windows build of LOG4CXX has wide character type by default for logchar)
Can you be more specific about this? Thanks.

> ann.h in algebra had automatic array with dimension initialized from non-constant variable (should not this fail on Linux too? this is a clear cut C++ error)
Yes, but gcc and clang support that. We probably should make sure that the compilers warn about it.

> AVRO_SOURCE had to be defined in order to have correct dllexport instead of dllimport on Windows
Ahhh, thanks, that was something I was trying to figure out.

> Added missing definitions of partial template specializations for SWIG plus fixed dllexport/dllimport mismatch
Can you send the patches? Thanks.