Re: [IMP-users] Problems with installing IMP on Ubuntu 15.04

On 6/3/15 3:37 PM, harianto tjong wrote:
I found the tutorial IMP2.4 that still use add_restraint attribute:

While you could probably make things work using add_restraint(), I would advise against it. Both add_restraint() and remove_restraint() were deprecated in IMP a long time ago, and will be removed in the upcoming 2.5 release. See http://integrativemodeling.org/nightly/doc/ref/kernel_2basic_optimization_8py-example.html for the latest recommended way to run that example. Just keep your restraints in a Python data structure (such as a list), or in a RestraintSet, and pass them to a RestraintsScoringFunction. To remove a restraint, just remove it from that list or RestraintSet.

Given the m.add_restraint(r), how can I achieve m.remove_restraint(r) in
IMP 2.4?

If you really want to stick with add_restraint() for now, m.remove_restraint(r) is equivalent to m.get_root_restraint_set().remove_restraint(r) (which will also stop working when IMP 2.5 is released).