Re: [IMP-users] Problems with installing IMP on Ubuntu 15.04

On 5/23/15 11:37 AM, Dennis FoxLetterman wrote:
I have installed all prerequisites for IMP (even libTAU and openCV which
IMP cannot find, but that problem can I deal with later) but IMP won't
install.

In brief, I obtain following error message:

You need to look further up in the output to see the real error - that's just the summary - grep for "error" and you'll see:

/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libfftw3.a(mapflags.o): relocation R_X86_64_32 against `.rodata' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
/usr/local/lib/libfftw3.a: error adding symbols: Bad value

The problem is that you only appear to have the static (.a) library for FFTW, but IMP needs the dynamic (.so) library. This is provided by the fftw3-dev package on Ubuntu (at least in 14.04, which we do build packages for). (Or possibly you have both but the one in /usr/local is found before the system version, in which case the simplest solution would be to delete the one in /usr/local.)

Also, as you can see in the log file, I have received many warnings
concerning PyObject..

No, these are normal, but out of our control (since the code is generated by SWIG). In fact, in our nightly builds we filter out these warnings to reduce confusion.