Re: [IMP-dev] Policy for versions of IMP dependencies

On 7/31/12 1:03 PM, Javier Velazquez wrote:
My comment was sort-of-ironic. I couldn't help it. When I hear all the
discussion about our mac micro-world I can't help raising an eyebrow.

Well, the discussion doesn't really pertain to Windows, since Windows doesn't ship with any of the tools needed to build IMP anyway (e.g. Python, boost, C++ compiler) so the user would have to download them separately from the OS (and there's no reason not for them to install a relatively new version of each, even if they have an old OS). MS is pretty good with backwards compatibility - all the latest tools will run on Windows 2000, which is over 10 years old now.

Nobody has tried Windows, I am almost certain, and I don't care too
much.

We build and test on Windows as part of the nightly builds, and I know at least some people have used the binary installs.