Re: [IMP-dev] Policy for versions of IMP dependencies

On 7/31/12 11:50 AM, Javier Velazquez-Muriel wrote:
Sorry to tell you, loyal followers of Steve Jobs, but a good chunk of
the world uses Windows. It is probably installed in more machines, and
on par or more powerful. Who is going to buy a high end mac desktop
having PCs for half the price? Who is going to run the computer
intensive tasks of IMP on a mac laptop anyway? Do you want more users?
Think in terms of percentages. Support Windows. My feel is that most of
the users will use it on Linux though.

We do support Windows, so no problem there. IMP builds with a recent version of Visual Studio Express (our build host uses 2010) which is free. In principle it would build with gcc on Windows too, but I don't think anybody ever tried that.