Re: [IMP-dev] [EMBED-dev] Merge of EMBED into IMP

The EM crash is fixed now. The problem was a standard rookie error probably compounded by unclear docs :-)  As a general rule

- You should never depend on the side effects of asserts and such error checking code for correctness (in any project). In IMP this means that IMP_assert and IMP_check statements are there to help catch you if you do things wrong and have checks turned on. But you cannot count on their behavior. If you want to throw an exception when something happens, as opposed to check for a usage error) throw the exception yourself.

Since there was no reason to throw an exception there, I changed it to returning NULL which is probably faster.