Re: [IMP-dev] [IMP-commits] r1054 - trunk/kernel/pyext/IMP

On Dec 19, 2008, at 4:46 PM, Ben Webb <> wrote:

Daniel Russel wrote:
Also, what happened to posting changes to how things work on imp- dev for
comment?

Unless I am missing something, this is not changing how things work;
tests have always read any input files from the current working
directory. Personally, I would rather tests did not read *any* input
files (or if they really needed a file in a specific format, it could be
embedded in the Python script itself, and read via StringIO or dumped
out to a temporary file via tempfile and then read back in).
While I think that would be nice in theory to not read inputs, I think sticking a whole pdb in a .py would obscure the test code.

I think defining the path to imp root path in imppy and using paths relative to that in the tests might be an improvement since we are pretty much stuck using imppy for the time being and that would make it so it doesn't matter what your current directory is.