Re: [IMP-dev] query particles

Keren Lasker wrote:
> Frido and I find ourselves many times need to query particles based on
> attribute values.
> Few such examples: a protein with a specific name, particles with a
> specific residue range.
>
> I think that it would be very useful to have something similar to  SQL
> queries on the particles DB.
> Bret might had something similar implemented  - but it is probably
> obsolete.

IMP as originally designed was little more than a storage layer. It is
true that Bret's Restrainer code was SQL based, but this was MySQL/PHP
code that ran on top of IMP, not IMP itself.

> IMP.Atom will probably need such functionality as well.

I can't think of any obvious places in IMP.atom where I'd need that. But
it sounds like it would be useful functionality for you. As you saw,
Daniel has added an IMP.search module which could help here - I suggest
you play with that once he has it working and let him know if it does or
doesn't do what you need. ;)