Re: [IMP-users] Compiling a module out of tree

On 10/30/19 11:31 AM, Patrick Goetz wrote:
"When IMP is built or installed, it creates a CMake file called IMPConfig.cmake which contains information about how IMP was configured and where all the parts of IMP can be found."

Unfortunately I could not find such a file anywhere on the system, but the bayesianem cmake script is clearly looking for it.

Yes, unfortunately it seems the CMake config is missing from the Ubuntu packages, sorry. You are probably the first person to have tried to use bayesianem in this manner (IMP only got the ability to build out of tree in the last release, and I only added support for it to bayesianem a week or two ago).

We'll correct this in the next release: https://github.com/salilab/imp/issues/1025

I also cloned the IMP git repo, but couldn't find anything there, either.

You could build IMP from source code using that git repo (although it will take a while). As part of the build it will generate IMPConfig.cmake. But if you go down that route, you may as well just clone bayesianem under your IMP modules directory, and it will get built at the same time as the rest of IMP.

Another option is to use Anaconda. I built a bayesianem conda package just last week (https://anaconda.org/salilab/imp-bayesianem) so "conda install -c salilab imp-bayesianem" should get you latest IMP plus bayesianem.

                      https://salilab.org/~ben/