Re: [IMP-users] IMP.pmi.macros.ReplicaExchange0

On 2/19/19 4:03 AM, Andrea Graziadei wrote:
In general, what is the interplay between number_of_frames, monte_carlo_steps and simulated_annealing_minimum/maximum_temperature_nframes?

number_of_frames is the number of output trajectory frames. Between each frame, monte_carlo_steps of Monte Carlo are carried out. The simulated annealing protocol is very simple (and I wouldn't use it - use REX instead), just setting the Monte Carlo temperature alternately to the minimum and maximum value for the given number of frames.

At the moment, I am running a single process (so no exchange is done, I think).

Correct - the number of replicas is the number of processes.

Additionally, I assume the weight of the restraints is constant throughout the run?

Sure, but the nuisances of any Bayesian restraints may be optimized.

Finally, I plan to implement multistate fitting. In this case, I would have one set of crosslink restraints but the system present in multiple conformations, with an EM density assigned to each state. I was wondering how XL restraints are handled in this case? Is there an OR statement applied?

Each state is (more or less) an independent copy of the system, so in principle yes, each crosslink could be satisfied by either state.

                      https://salilab.org/~ben/