Re: [IMP-users] Monte carlo temperature in ReplicaExchange0

On 10/16/18 12:59 AM, Genis Valentin wrote:
I am modeling a system with the ReplicaExchange0 macro and my simulation constantly falls into a local energy minima after a few replica exchange steps (<100).

How many replicas are you using, and how many independent trajectories? This sounds to me like you need more of each.

I would like to know if the values that I chose in the following parameters are in reasonable range.

monte_carlo_temperature = 100
replica_exchange_minimum_temperature = 100
replica_exchange_maximum_temperature = 250

These values seem very large to me. Typical values are more in the 1-10 range. I imagine that such large temperatures would allow far too many score-increasing moves to occur, essentially ignoring the scoring function.

                      https://salilab.org/~ben/