Re: [IMP-users] crosslinking with multiple copies of subunits

On 09/27/2016 04:29 AM, Josh Bullock wrote:
I was wondering, how does IMP handle crosslinks when there are multiple
copies of the same subunit (created in IMP using the create_clone()
function) ?

Ambiguity *should* be handled automatically.

If an inter-subunit crosslink is satisfied in IMP with an
intra-crosslink, does this stop the crosslink from contributing to the
scoring ?

The restraint doesn't statically pick one interaction and freeze that; rather (as I far as I understand it) each possible interaction is a minimum on the restraint's energy surface, so the assignment can change during a simulation.

Also, experimentally it is possible to clarify which crosslinks are
definitely intra-subunit (via SDS-PAGE). However there doesn't seem to
be any way to flag this on a crosslink in IMP, unless I'm missing
something ... ?

That I don't know, but Riccardo would.

                      https://salilab.org/~ben/