[IMP-users] Installing IMP on Ubuntu 12.04

Greetings IMP users,

I am failing to successfully setup IMP 2.0.1 on my Ubuntu 12.04 system.  Following the directions in the IMP documentation, I installed the mandatory packages
as well as the optional packages
When I run, 'cmake ../imp -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release', I get the fatal error:
-- Could NOT find HDF5 (missing:  HDF5_LIBRARIES HDF5_INCLUDE_DIRS)
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:91 (MESSAGE):
  Could NOT find HDF5 (missing: HDF5_LIBRARIES HDF5_INCLUDE_DIRS)

I attempted installing different libhdf5 versions, lam, openmpi, and mpich, but received the same error for each.

Additionally, all of optional packages I installed fail to be detected.  Initially gsl and cgal are both detected but then upon configuration they are no longer found.
--     Different data/build_info/sorted_modules
    +cgal
    +gsl
-- Configuring module cgal ... CGAL not found
    Different data/build_info/sorted_modules
    -cgal
-- Configuring module gsl ... GSL not found
    Different data/build_info/sorted_modules
    -gsl

Is this a problem with a different native installation path for programs in Ubuntu vs Fedora/RedHad?  What is the best work around to overcome these errors?  Thank you for any help.

Steven Howell
Ph.D. Candidate
Department of Physics
The George Washington University