From:  [">mailto:] On Behalf Of Ben Webb
Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2013 5:18 PM
To: Help and discussion for users of IMP
Subject: Re: [IMP-users] Windows build

The latest SVN or git should now build on a 'real' Windows system (there are still a few rough edges, but 'cmake', 'nmake', 'ctest' worked for me). The binary Windows packages should also be updated now.

Just a few notes:

1. You need to have some version of Python 2 in your PATH in order for various setup scripts to work.

2. If you don't have avrocpp installed already, you'll need to replace the avro->api symlink in order to build RMF (just go into modules/rmf/dependency/RMF/AvroCpp and replace the avro symlink with a copy of the api subdirectory). This has already been done in RMF upstream, so will work its way into IMP shortly.

3. On Unix a setup_environment.sh script is generated that is used to set necessary environment variables to run IMP tools. On Windows a setup_environment.bat file is generated instead (it need only be run once, not for each command line).

4. cmake will probably need some help finding IMP dependencies. On my system where I have most dependencies built as DLLs I had to add
    -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS='/DBOOST_ALL_DYN_LINK /EHsc /D_HDF5USEDLL_ /DWIN32 /DGSL_DLL'"
    -Dfftw3_LIBRARY='C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0/VC/lib/libfftw3-3.lib'
to my cmake invocation.

5. There are still a few symlinks in the repo, so the handful of testcases that use these links will probably fail for now. But I'll address that shortly.