Re: [IMP-users] struggling to make structure predictions

On 08/06/2012 07:38 PM, Adhikari, Badri (MU-Student) wrote:
1. Will the script that I have prepared work as an example to produce 3D
structures with just sequence as input? OR have I made any
fundamental/conceptual mistakes while merging them?

I'm not sure what you're trying to do with
ps=IMP.core.create_xyzr_particles(m, m.get_number_of_particles(), 1.0)
since this just makes some random particles for demonstration purposes (you already have sensible atom particles in the model from the first part of the script). You probably want more MC steps too to get meaningful conformations.

2. I can produce chimera python files for each of the predicted
conformations. But I want pdb files. Is it possible to do that? Are
there any examples?

Sure, use IMP.atom.write_pdb. You already use it earlier in your script.

3. Is it possible to add contacts restrain (distance between atoms as a
restrain) moving forward with this approach?

Yes. Just create a restraint and add it with m.add_restraint(), same as is done for the other restraints.