Re: [IMP-users] protein structure generation from sequences with IMP

On 04/10/2012 12:40 PM, Adhikari, Badri (MU-Student) wrote:
We are working on a project in which we need to generate protein models
from the amino acid sequences, using IMP.

If you want to build extended chain structures, see
http://salilab.org/imp/nightly/doc/html/atom_examples.html#structure_from_sequence

If you have some extra knowledge (e.g. stereochemistry, atom-atom distances) you can then add that in as restraints and sample.

If you want to build homology models, IMP doesn't do that - you can use our MODELLER package to do that instead.

If you want to build ab initio models, you might want to try a tool like Rosetta.