Re: [IMP-users] How to use IMP

On 9/29/11 12:52 AM, åæé wrote:
I am trying to use IMP as a C++ library for my modeling work: using some
functions of IMP in my own code. But I get no idea how to use it.

You can simply build and install IMP, then compile and link your own code against it in the regular way if you like, adding -l options to your link command line of course (e.g. -limp -limp_algebra etc).

One way I tried is to put my own code in the "applications" directory
and put a Sconscript file along with it.
But how to compile my code?

Sure, you could do it that way, although that directory is really intended for command-line tools that are distributed as part of IMP itself. If you put your application in the applications/myapp/ directory you would build it with "scons myapp".