Re: [IMP-users] Trying to use MultiFit but I have problems with installing/running IMP

On 7/8/11 7:24 AM, Tolun, Gökhan wrote:
but when I enter the first command

/opt/multifit/utils/run_anchor_points_detection.py assembly.input 700

It returns
ImportError: No module named IMP

Once IMP is installed, you should be able to run a Python interpreter ("python" from a command line) and type "import IMP". If this doesn't work, then the Python modules must have been installed somewhere that isn't in the Python path.

I looked at
http://salilab.org/imp/archives/imp-users/msg00075.html

but trying the suggestions there did not solve this problem.

What did you try? You have two options: either you change the Python path to match the location the IMP Python extensions were installed in (set the PYTHONPATH environment variable) or you change the IMP installation location (set the pythondir scons variable) so that it puts Python extensions in a standard location ("import sys; print sys.path" from a Python interpreter).

I am using Ubuntu 10.04 LTS - the Lucid Lynx with
all updates to date installed.

Note that MultiFit is currently available in binary form only, and only supported in combination with the binary downloads of IMP. So it may not work on non-RedHat/non-Mac systems.