[IMP-users] a remark concerning chains in a hierarchy returned by read_pdb

Hi list,

   Using read_pdb, I expected it to return a hierarchy with distinct chains that could be plainly distinguished solely on their chain ID, this seems not to be the case, and I don't know wether this is a desired behavior or a minor bug.

As an exemple, pdb structure '1pgu' contains :
   - two protein chains, A and B
   - two Zinc ions (one of them being attached to chain A and the other to chain B)
   - and water molecules attached to both chains.
When read through read_pdb, the hierarchy contains 4 children, all 4 eligible for a "conversion" to Chain, each Zinc ion being considered as a chain. I thus have two chains A and two chains B in the hierarchy.

     --Ben.S.