Re: [IMP-users] running error

On 1/20/11 3:18 AM, Robert Fenwick wrote:
I have installed IMP with the minimal requirements that I think that it
needs and everything seems to compile without problems. However when I
try to import the python modules I get some nasty import errors.

You don't say what version of IMP you're running, so I'm going to guess you checked out the latest version from SVN. Sometimes this is broken, since it's in constant development (see the nightly build results at http://salilab.org/imp/nightly/tests.html to see what's broken - for example, today the IMP.em2d module is broken). A few days ago the IMP.atom module was broken in exactly the way you describe, so the simplest solution would just be to update your SVN checkout and try again. Alternatively, if you want something that will work and don't need the very latest features, use the stable build or the 1.0 release.