Re: [IMP-users] good coding habits

On Jan 13, 2011, at 9:25 AM, Ben Webb wrote:

> On 1/13/11 9:17 AM, Benjamin SCHWARZ wrote:
>> 1. I wonder if there is an IMP_WARN macro that would output some message
>> under some condition, just like IMP_USAGE_CHECK() does but without
>> aborting the application
>
> Yes; it is called IMP_WARN. ;) See kernel/include/log.h.
IMP_WARN doesn't have the conditional aspect of IMP_USAGE_CHECK. The reason for this was that warnings never get disappeared on compilation like IMP_LOG calls (which are elided in fast mode), so there is no cost to using a normal if statement.

There are some issues with the current approach as it makes it hard to hide all the charmm warnings created by PDB readings. But solving them requires some deeper thought.