Re: [IMP-users] import fails

> I have managed to build the python interface with swig, but fail to import IMP from python. I am rather sure that I have installed the modules, however I am unsure where I have to point my PYTHONPATH to pick them up. The other problem might be that I don't know which version of python the modules have been installed. How can I work out which version and the location of the python executable for which the modules were build?

Hi Bryn,

If you did your install through scons; scons install, the python library should be somewhere in
  $prefix/lib/pythonXX/site-packages/
Where $prefix refers to the eponymous variable in your config.py and XX to the python version for which you have swiged IMP.
Note that on some architectures the "lib" directory seems to be replaced by "lib64".

So, you can add the above mentioned directory to your $PYTHONPATH, or alternatively you can run python or your IMP enables python scripts using the imppy.sh script
  imppy python myscript.py
The imppy.sh script sets the environment, so that the rest of the line knows about IMP pathes and things. This script should dwell in $builddir/tools/ (where $builddir refers to the directory where you did run scons).

Ultimately, on some architectures and depending on where I did place my IMP stuff, I had to add
  $prefix/lib64
to my LD_LIBRARY_PATH

   Hope this helps

     --Ben