Re: [IMP-users] installing within python version 2.6

On 10/8/10 4:17 PM, jeremy adler wrote:
Thanks for your help. I tried building it from the source into the
/usr/lib/python2.6 directory (after deleting everything from my previous
attempt). The follwoing files are placed there:\

_IMP_algebra.so    _IMP_display.so  _IMP_helper.so      _IMP_saxs.so
_IMP_atom.so       _IMP_domino.so   _IMP_misc.so        _IMP.so
_IMP_benchmark.so  _IMP_em.so       _IMP_modeller.so    _IMP_statistics.so
_IMP_container.so  _IMP_example.so  _IMP_multifit.so
_IMP_core.so       _IMP_gsl.so      _IMP_restrainer.so

Though nothing else is. When i try to import imp now it says the module
isnt there. Any advice?

These are just the interfaces between Python and the underlying IMP C++ modules. There should also be a bunch of "real" Python files (.py extension) in the IMP subdirectory. These should also have been installed by "scons install" at the same time as those .so files above. Maybe they went in a different directory for some reason? Check the output from "scons install".