Re: [IMP-users] installing within python version 2.6

On 10/8/10 3:19 PM, jeremy adler wrote:
I have tried installing the version available for linux-it goes directly
into the python v2.4 folder so I copied it to the v2.6 folder.

That won't work. The Python API changes between versions, so you can't take a Python 2.4 extension and use it with Python 2.6. Sorry.

If you install the Fedora RPM rather than the RedHat Enterprise package, that includes Python 2.6 bindings. Otherwise, you will have to build IMP from the source code.