Re: [IMP-users] error while loading shared libraries: libimp_saxs.so:

On 4/9/10 1:09 AM, prabhakar g wrote:
We are a group working in solution x-ray scattering in KAIST, South Korea.
We  installed IMP from the Source code tarball
<http://salilab.org/imp/1.0/download/imp-1.0.tar.gz> in Fedora 8, using
the below procedure as  given in your webpage

scons prefix=/opt/imp/  all

scons prefix=/opt/imp/  install

but when we try to run the foxs binary we are get the below error

./foxs: error while loading shared libraries: libimp_saxs.so: cannot

The IMP binaries (including foxs) link against the IMP shared libraries, including libimp_saxs.so. So in order for things to work, those libraries need to be in your search path. Since you specified /opt/imp as your prefix, you will find the binaries in /opt/imp/bin/ and the libraries in /opt/imp/lib/.

/opt/imp/lib is not in your system's standard library search path. Either reinstall with prefix=/usr or prefix=/usr/local to install the libraries in the standard search path, or add /opt/imp/lib to the search path, either by adding a file to /etc/ld.so.conf.d/ containing /opt/imp/lib and then running /sbin/ldconfig, or by setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable to include /opt/imp/lib.