Re: [IMP-dev] First code review

Daniel Russel wrote:
They come and complain to me in person. And it is hard to object to a
change which isn't mentioned on the list, until much later when you
realize your code doesn't work any more.
Recently? I haven't heard anyone complain in rather a while a month or so.

That's because they complain only to me.

I agree that more should be on the list. I stopped emailing the list because I was just getting complaints about their being too much traffic on the list and no one else was contributing. Anyway, it should resume.

If people think there's too much traffic on the list, they don't have to read the emails. But then they shouldn't complain either. ;) Most importantly, the list emails are archived and publicly accessible, while my personal email is not. So even someone that doesn't read the list can be pointed to a URL if they complain about something.

You can have discussion before or discussion afterwards. It's your
choice. But just going ahead and writing the code is quite annoying if
it conflicts with code other people are writing in the meantime.
Is there code outside of new_imp/ and the EM code that depends on it?

We have no way of telling, of course, because anyone is welcome to write their own private modules. I don't _know_ of anybody doing that right now, but we are just starting to add non-lab people to IMP, so I'm sure it'll become more common.