Re: [IMP-users] Problem with IMP.core.TransformationSymmetry

Hi Ben,

So, the solution you proposed is to use IMP.atom.create_compatible_rigid_body() for all but the first rigid body. That is fine and indeed works for the example script. Thanks a lot!

But if one uses the nice DegreesOfFreedom class to create rigid bodies via DegreesOfFreedom.create_rigid_body function, it won’t be possible to use this fix - the DegreesOfFreedom.create_rigid_body function uses IMP.atom.create_rigid_body and does not allow to optionally use IMP.atom.create_compatible_rigid_body.

And, actually why the reference frames of the same structure read twice cannot be guaranteed to be the same?

Best,
Jan