Re: [IMP-users] SAXS restraint error

On 10/21/20 2:09 PM, Cameron Murray wrote:
Hi I would love to but unfortunately in my attempts to fix this issue I updated from imp version 2.13.0_02 to 2.13.0_04 and now I have different errors that prevent me from running the program at all.
ImportError: dlopen(/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/_RMF.so, 2): Symbol not found: __ZN5boost10filesystem6detail16create_directoryERKNS0_4pathEPNS_6system10error_codeE
   Referenced from: /usr/local/Cellar/imp/2.13.0_4/lib/libRMF.dylib
   Expected in: /usr/local/opt/boost/lib/libboost_filesystem-mt.dylib
  in /usr/local/Cellar/imp/2.13.0_4/lib/libRMF.dylib

Right, the Homebrew folks pushed a new boost version (1.74) today, and IMP needs to be rebuilt against it. I'm actually doing that right now, so if you wait 30 minutes or so then try 'brew update' again you should see the IMP package update, at which point a 'brew upgrade' should get you running again. Or you can reinstall from source (brew reinstall -s imp) but I wouldn't recommend that because it will take a long time to build.

Is there a sanctioned way to install previous versions?

Unfortunately the previous versions won't work either because they are also built against older versions of boost (and other dependencies). The "solution" would be to install an older version of boost. But I wouldn't recommend that either because it will probably break other packages on your Mac.

                      https://salilab.org/~ben/