Re: [IMP-users] changing the python version in IMP

On 8/26/19 4:52 AM, Merav Braitbard wrote:
my default version of python is 2.7, but when I tried to run imp with this version I've got an error that numpy version is old.

This isn't an IMP error. My guess is that something else you're using (maybe scipy or scikit) needs a newer numpy. The simplest solution would be to upgrade numpy (or downgrade whichever package wants the newer numpy).

So I tried to use python 3.7 like this: > setup_environment.sh python3.7 modeling.py

This won't work because Python extensions (lib/_IMP_xxx.so) must be rebuilt if you want to use a different Python version, as the Python C ABI changed between Python 2.7 and Python 3.7. This would require rerunning cmake and make (after clearing the CMake cache), telling cmake to use the different version of Python (e.g. by setting the PYTHON_INCLUDE_PATH and PYTHON_LIBRARIES CMake variables).

ImportError: /vol/sci/bio/bio3d/meravb/Programs/imp_build_cluster/lib/_IMP_kernel.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

This means that IMP is built for 64-bit but your Python is 32-bit. That won't work. The best solution here is to rebuild your Python for 64-bit.

Furthermore recently it takes very long time (hours) to build the IMP. Do you know why this has happened?

Nothing has changed in IMP recently to dramatically affect the build time. Perhaps your compiler is running out of memory?

                      https://salilab.org/~ben/