Re: [IMP-users] naming subunits in IMP

On 4/7/19 5:01 AM, Merav Braitbard wrote:
I have a big complex and I named my chains with specific names/letters. I wrote in the topology file the chains names, but in the output the chains is alphabetical and not with the names that I want.

The topology file tells IMP which chains to read from each PDB file to construct the *inputs* for modeling. The *output* model does not use these chain IDs (in the RMF output, each subunit will use the human-readable name you gave it; PDB output, as you discovered, will use alphabetical chains).

Do you how to change it?

You can rename the chains in the PDB editor of your choice. PMI doesn't provide any way to do it.

One more question, Is there a way to save a specific frame from the rmf file as a pdb file?

You can try the rmf_pdb tool, but probably that will only work for atomic RMFs. Otherwise you'll have to write a little script to read in the RMF file frame, then use the IMP.pmi.output.Output class to write a PDB.

                      https://salilab.org/~ben/