Re: [IMP-users] SOAP_SCORE

On 09/08/2017 08:14 AM, Pablo Chacon wrote:
My confusion
was that I thought that I need to include a orientation potential file in order to get the correct soap_pp because it is an orientational dependent potential. I now realize that the default "distance" potential is already orientational.

No, that's not correct. SOAP-PP is independent of orientation - it simply acts on the distance between pairs of atoms. Some of the SOAP potentials *are* orientation dependent (they act between pairs of pairs of atoms, and take both the distance and some of the internal angles into account) but SOAP-PP is not one of them.

                      https://salilab.org/~ben/