Re: [IMP-users] Sigmoidal crosslinks in IMP.pmi 2.7.0

I would also like to know why the sigmoid scoring function was deprecated.

thanks,

Isabelle

On Jun 29, 2017, at 2:34 AM, Riccardo Pellarin <<">mailto:>> wrote:

IMP.pmi.restraints.crosslinking.CrossLinkingMassSpectrometryRestraint()

is indeed a sigmoidal function modulated by two parameters sigma (inflection) and psi (baselines).
The maximal length of the crosslinker is passed through "length=..." in the constructor.
There is a linear part, but that is just a soft bias to avoid particles getting dispersed, since the potential is flat
at high distance values. The slope of the linear part is 0.01-0.02 Score Unit/ Angstrom, can be changed using "slope=..."

Riccardo Pellarin, PhD
Institut Pasteur
CNRS UMR 3528
25, rue du Docteur Roux