Re: [IMP-users] ReplicaExchange: Could not find MPI. Using Serial Replica Exchange

On 08/30/2016 09:00 AM, Julian wrote:
I'm trying to run the exosome example with MPI but can't seem to get it
to work.  I installed binaries both on Fedora 19 and Ubuntu Trusty.  I
have openmpi on both and mpich on Fedora as well.  mpirun is in my path.

Do I need to build with MPI mysefl for this to work or is this supposed
to work with binaries out of the box?

You need the IMP.mpi module to use MPI (and you have to run IMP via mpirun). We don't include this in the regular binary package because we don't want to force everybody to install an MPI library just to use IMP, and there are multiple MPI libraries to choose from. But on Fedora you can simply install the IMP-mpich RPM which includes the IMP.mpi module built against MPICH, and then it should work. We don't currently include a similar package for Ubuntu, but it probably wouldn't be that hard to add one for future releases.

                      https://salilab.org/~ben/