[IMP-users] IMP 2.2.0 building (cmake): How to add dependencies in non-standard locations?

Hi,

as usual when it comes to cmake I'm running into troubles, as many of our packages are installed in non-standard locations and I don't seem to be able to configure cmake correctly for those dependencies.

For Boost I succeeded by using

  -DBoost_INCLUDE_DIR=/g/software/linux/pack/boost-1.46.0/include
  -DBoost_LIBRARY_DIRS=/g/software/linux/pack/boost-1.46.0/lib

to `cmake`. But e.g. for HDF5 this doesn't seem to work. I get this in the output of `cmake`:

-- Could NOT find HDF5 (missing:  HDF5_LIBRARIES HDF5_INCLUDE_DIRS)
-- Could NOT find HDF5 (missing:  HDF5_LIBRARIES HDF5_INCLUDE_DIRS)
-- Deprecated backends (and hdf5) are disabled

Therefore I tried setting environment the variables $HDF5_LIBRARIES and $DF5_INCLUDE_DIRS to correct values and I also tried with the `cmake` options

  -DHDF5_LIBRARIES=/g/software/linux/pack/hdf5-1.8.4/lib
  -DHDF5_INCLUDE_DIRS=/g/software/linux/pack/hdf5-1.8.4/include

None of the two worked.  HDF5 is still not found.

How can I set the correct paths for external libraries? Specifically for HDF5, SWIG and FFTW3? Yes, I tried to find this through Google but didn't find a general solution.

Locally installing the prerequisites is not an option, as this will be a shared installation, used by many workstations.

Thanks in advance
Frank