Re: [IMP-users] problems when using multifit

On 6/5/14, 12:00 AM, Fiona Bridget Naughton wrote:
     1. I keep getting solutions in which the subunits are overlapping,
with identical subunits in exactly (or close to) the same place, leaving
empty space elsewhere in the map.

My guess would be you need to ask for more fits in this case, but Keren is the ultimate authority here.

     2. I would like to define x-links involving the subunits with
multiple copies, but the multifit application currently doesn't support
ambiguity for cross-links. I was planning to modify
ProteomicsEMAlignmentAtomics's add_all_restraints() method to add
x-links as ConnectivityRestraints instead, but I'm not sure how/where to
introduce these changes.

You would need to check out the IMP source code, modify the C++ code, and rerun cmake and make. This will regenerate the Python bindings from the C++ code (by running SWIG). Certainly some C++ experience would be required here.