Re: [IMP-users] Symmetry

On Mar 11, 2011, at 12:05 AM, Iain Moal wrote:

> Hi,
> I am new to IMP so please fogive naievity!
> Is it possible to use IMP::domino::SymmetrySampler as a Monte Carlo mover?  If not, how could I impliment it as a mover.  It isn't evident how I could impliment this using MoverBase, nor what the list of attributes are for.
I'm unclear on exactly what you would want as your move set? Picking a random choice from a discrete set? Chances are that you want to use the X,Y,Z coordinate keys as the float attributes list when using the MoverBase (you can get those from IMP::core::XYZ::get_coordinate_keys()). If you then store a list of coordinate values in your Mover, you can pick one of those for each particle to be moved and do IMP::core::XYZ(p).set_coordinates(new_coordinates) to change them.

Does that help?

> Also, when reconstructing em maps, such as in particles2density, I get this warning:
> WARNING  could not find parameters for radius:8.16743
> EM map is using default params
>
> What does this mean, are the default params ok?
Keren will have to answer this.

         Daniel