Re: [IMP-dev] Shall we declare it a release?

some other comments...
  The original plan, from what I recall, had been to release today, but we can slip a bit :-) I don't see much reason to wait for things like warning suppressions are quite reasonable to patch into the master afterwards anyway and there are an infinite number of such changes that we want to make.
I think if we are to do a 2.0 release, let's try to have one without compile warnings. I mean: it's been so long anyway since the 1.0 we can afford to do something right and provide people with a clean compilation. So I'd put it in a release branch, work on the warnings, and then push it to master when it's ready.

I don't have much experience with hotfixes yet, so we shall see about those. They require that you specify the version manually, which is a bit annoying, but being able to search by tags for point release versions might be nice.
By the way, how do you want to do this naming?
2.0 for a major release
2.0.x++ for a hotfix
2.1 for the next release, in 6 months
what do you think?