Re: [IMP-dev] Shall we declare it a release?

On Apr 19, 2013, at 3:43 PM, Barak Raveh <> wrote:

> So now that the SVN may rest in peace, how about to make life simple, everybody will use the git flow diagram (either they use master or develop, either they are advanced developers or simple folks) - it would make life easier if everybody work along the same guidelines.
You can't really use git flow if you are working off of master (since you shouldn't commit anything to master, so most of the git flow steps don't make sense).

And modules like isd2 don't fit in that model (due to permissions being per-repository).

And it isn't always worth the effort to make a another branch (fundamentally, your develop is a separate branch from the github develop, it is just that you configured git to easy move things between the two). Each extra branch is something you need to keep in sync, with main. And each extra step and decision to be made requires attention that is pulled from something else.

And with those exceptions, you pretty much end up at the page we have, I think, at least in terms of content.

> It is something like: whatever you do, clone and checkout a branch (develop or master), if you want to add your own code, just follow the diagram. If you just work on your own code, doesn't matter - just start a feature and commit locally (or publish and push once in a while if you like a backup)

It might make sense to push people towards using github forks for this model, but I haven't investigated those enough to understand how well they would work.