Re: [IMP-dev] measurement units in IMP

Javier Ángel Velázquez Muriel wrote:
> 1) Make things explicit, please. Daniel's suggestion is right.
> 2) And use the International System, please. No paper is accepted if the
> units are not in the IS, so I don't see any reason not to use them.
> Other units should be secondary.

I don't think SI units are a very sensible idea - the SI unit of
distance is the meter. We'd have lots of precision problems if we
defined everything in meters (and I've actually seen lots of papers that
use distance measures other than meters, such as angstroms or
nanometers). Angstroms don't have this problem, of course.

If you're referring to my suggestion to use yards, your sarcasm detector
may need servicing. ;)