Re: [IMP-dev] Towards the IMP release

2009/4/8 Ben Webb <>:
> That sounds reasonable to me, although I guess it depends on what you
> mean by a "complicated project" and how much data that project might
> have. For example, our experience with the 26S has certainly been that
> experimental data lives elsewhere (typically it has rather a rather
> different distribution, and if nothing else, it's big).
I only have a vague idea what I meant by it :-) We have had the
general idea floating around all along of having some code that takes
a certain restricted set of data is some nice human-readable file
format (csv or yaml or something simple) or standard experimental data
types (pdb, em maps etc) and produces structures without someone
having mess about with more complicated things like python code,
restraints, particles, or xml. That was the sort of the thing I meant.
The only data in svn would be sample data.