Re: [IMP-dev] Necessity of comprehensive documentation

Dina Schneidman wrote:
I completely agree, the API documentation is equivalent to looking at
header files.
I can suggest the following to enhance it:

1. we should have a description of the logic behind imp: how
"representation, scoring, optimization" is translated to imp classes,
what is the data flow (ScoreStates, Restraints) during optimization,
how to setup your system accordingly.
We probably can rip something out of one of the papers for this and put it in the Intoduction page.

A similar description can exist for specific IMP modules.
Each module has a page where you can put as much description as you want (and you can add more pages as desired). They are currently quite minimal, but more is always good :-)

2. Each class should contain explanation including it's goals, where
it is used and a small usage example. This info should go into the
API, to make it more useful.
Any people should put examples in the examples dir (you can include them in the doxygen docs as is done for eg ClosePairsScoreState).