Re: [IMP-dev] thoughts on the reorg

Daniel Russel wrote:
Anyway, we should get something done soon, this is taking a bit long given that few people are inclined to comment.

It seems to me the reasonable options are:

1) an IMP kernel which is just the kernel (so the classes in IMP/*.h) and then various modules with other classes including a core module which has most of the current restraints and is open to everyone to commit things.

2) use a more normal revision control system with release and unstable branches. Anyone can commit to the unstable branch and Ben is in charge of moving things from unstable to release.

As always, I prefer the second, especially since IMP is fairly modular and so one can pick and choose which unstable things one uses use.

So, one or two?
As a follow up. Ultimately, they will look pretty much the same as there will be two separate copies of more or less everything with the added complication that in the second case both versions can be mixed and matched. However, mixing and matching is unlikely to work reliably, as it won't really be tested.