Re: [IMP-dev] NBL cleanup and other small patches

impEM links against EMBED, which is under different licensing to IMP.
If EMBed is GPL, then impem should be a separate lib, but at least it should be built and installed along with everything else if embed is available.

Why is it under different licensing anyway?

You shouldn't need to specify pyextdir or pythondir unless something is
screwed up somewhere, since they should by default live under prefix.
I added it since the script got the python version wrong and tried to install things in the 2.4 directory even though it ran python 2.5. Again something that will go away. At this point I've stopped using python and swig for my work and on my mac as it makes debugging too difficult and takes ages to compile.

And most of that other stuff you can just stick in config.py and never
look at again.
Most people who build it will only build once, so config.py doesn't really help them. I have a makefile, which does more or less the same thing (I have a bunch of different build commands).

Summary of my emails:
- Normal people should not have to type more than
scons install prefix=path [here are some extra places to look for libraries]
  to get absolutely everything that can be built built.
- And the fewer separate pieces which can exist or not exist independently of one another, the few things we can mess up with the install script (like the problem with mac os paths in modeller I ran into a while back) and the fewer things things the user can screw up (such as by not adding -limp-somethingoranother in the right order when trying to link a C+ + program).