Re: [IMP-dev] NBL cleanup and other small patches

Daniel Russel wrote:
One point that I didn't really make clear, is that I don't see that the actual library files and the build process necessarily need to follow the semantic kernel/package distinction. It may make sense to have "Packages", but still build everything into one library and one python module.

Sure, but that's not the model we chose for IMP; it is designed to be modular. The expectation is that most of those modules will not even be hosted in the Sali lab, let alone built into one library.

The current situation, with having to separately build and install impem is really undesirable and does not scale nicely.

What don't you like about that?

Also, at the moment you can't really use thing uninstalled (since the libs are scattered across many directories) and you can't easily install IMP on a mac since the paths don't get set.

You don't like 'scons install' ? That should put everything in the right place. But right now we're very far from a public release, so I don't really see the point worrying about it excessively.